Posts made in May 2018

Petition to Establish Paternity

Under Florida law a Father who is not married to the Mother has to establish Paternity legally through the Courts. Being on a Birth Certificate is NOT enough. In order to establish rights as a father legally a father has to file a Petition to Establish Paternity in order to establish his parental responsibility and timesharing with the child. If you are a father and feel like you are not being allowed to spend time with your child or children or you feel like the mother is not allowing you to make decisions in your child’s life, call us at (407) 953-5818 or email us at  . We will be glad to represent you and fight for you.

What to do after an accident?

If you get into a car accident, motorcycle accident or truck accident, make sure you document the accident, call law enforcement, seek medical attention and if possible take pictures of the scene of the accident and the vehicles involved. Once you get into an accident should contact the police immediately, do not leave the scene until the police show up. A police report will help establish fault on the other party. Try to give an accurate report to police of what occurred, it will help during the claims process. Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses. Exchange names, driver’s licenses, addresses and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved. Do not discuss any details about the accident or your injuries or give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company. This is very important as the other driver’s insurance company will looking for ways to establish fault or partial fault against you. Always talk to a lawyer before talking with the other driver’s insurance company. However, you should call your car insurance company. Provide details, time, place of the accident, other driver’s insurance details. If a personal injury has occurred, there may be grounds for a claim. If you are injured, you are entitled to damages including your medical expenses, lost income, property damage and most importantly pain and suffering. If you get into an accident do not sign any documents or any release from any insurance adjuster or representative or give any statement until you speak to an attorney. If you have been injured I will be glad to represent you.  Call us at (407) 953-5818 or email us at .